Amber-land Update

The past few months have been adventurous. We bought a house, which involved all the annoying house-buying paperwork and errands that you'd expect. We then moved house, which of course involved all the annoying moving that you'd expect. We have an additional cat, who's the best cat of all so far.

gray cat heterochromiagray cat


I set up an office, with a new desk, chair, and shelving that I assembled all myself. And a beanbag chair that the cats like to monopolize.

As far as reading goes, I've started American Gods, finished the Writing Excuses anthology Shadows Beneath, and am working through a collection of Lovecraftian Cthulhu-mythos short stories. Oh! and I quickly reread A Wrinkle in Time in preparation for the movie.

Writing-wise, I've made a lot of important progress. I was stuck on a major revision for months. Like, point-of-nervous-breakdown stuck--so much had to be changed, gutted, and rewritten. There were certain chapters that took weeks of writing, throwing out, and rewriting. I finally broke through near the end of January, and managed to polish up what I feel is the strongest iteration yet. That's back with my agent, and now I'm forging through the first draft of a totally different project (a dark fantasy that takes place underground).

I've been bad about blogging, I know. I'm a bad blogger in general, but I've also had a lot of trouble figuring out my personal schedule. That's the topic of a whole post in its own right, but suffice it to say for now, I'm gradually adding to the tasks that need to be done every day. I also have a secret project in the works, which will hopefully keep me more accountable for blogging regularly!

As always, you can visit my Twitter for writing thoughts and cute animal pictures. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Sci-Fi Movie Drinking Game

Writing is Hard

Submissions